Fourth of July Blockbuster Movie Weekend at The Museum of the Moving Image
Since cinema began, the 4th of July weekend was seen as the time when movies showed exactly what they were made of.
The biggest and the best all opened on 4th of July weekends, and the Museum of the Moving Image is showcasing just a handful of those money makers this weekend for their Born on the fourth of July movie series.
Join Astorians and movie buffs alike, as the Museum showcases 5 big movies this weekend starting tonight:
– July 1st at 7PM: Back to the Future: Join Marty and Doc as they travel back in time with one of the best all round action adventure movies of all time.
– July 2nd 2:30PM: Armageddon: Don’t forget the tissues as this Aerosmith song in movie form will start the water works for any romantic evening. Bruce Willis saving the world? why not?
– July 3rd 1:30PM: War of the Worlds: Spielberg doing what Spielberg does, family values and an enthralling story starring one of the best movie stars of all time, Tom Cruise in this classic remake.
– July 3rd 4PM: Magic Mike: Well they don’t have to be all artsy and dramatic movies right? Sometimes you just gotta let the girls have their fun, and Mike certainly knows how to help.
– July 3rd 7PM: Magic Mike XXL: What’s better than one Mike? Two! Double the fun and double the strippers. For all your 4th of July needs.
Tickets: $12 (Free for members at the Film Lover and MoMI Kids Premium levels and above). Order tickets online. (Members may contact [email protected] any questions regarding online reservations.)
Where: 36-01 35 Ave, Astoria, NY 11106
Phone: 718 777 6888
*Featured Image Via untappedcities.com