Doughnut Plant Comes to LIC
As reported on their Instagram and website, they’re now right next door to Astoria in LIC. Here’s what they posted earlier this month, on March 4th:
There’s a few things happening at Doughnut Plant this month:
• GUAVA and MEYER LEMON & POPPY SEED doughnuts, starting today.
• Also today, we introduce POPPY SEED HAMANTASHEN doughseeds, to celebrate Purim. This is our first triangular doughseed, with a poppy seed and raisin filling.
• We’ve made our own chicory coffee for a NOLA AU LAIT, and it pairs perfectly with our PECAN PRALINE BEIGNETS, so popular at Mardi Gras we’ve decided to keep them on the menu.
• St. Patrick’s Day is around the corner and we’ll bring back our limited editionLUCKY SHAMROCK, a unique four leaf clover shaped doughnut with a vanilla bean glaze and green mint stripe, filled with vanilla cream & garnished with an edible shamrock! Vanilla Bean yeast and square filled with blackberry jam — with shamrocks! And since it’s all about green, the TRIPLE CHOCOLATE MINT cake doughnut will be back, too.
• One more bit of news we’re pretty excited about: our newest location will be opening this month in Long Island City, Queens, at the Falchi Building (31-00 47th Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101). An opening date will be announcement soon.
That date is NOW!
If you’ve never heard of them, the first Doughnut Plant opened in 2000 – but they had a long history before them, starting in 1910, with the owner’s grandfather.