Save a Life, Donate Blood
Here’s some facts on blood donation:
- More than 4.5 million patients need blood transfusions each year in the U.S. and Canada.
- Someone needs blood every two seconds.
- About 1 in 7 people entering a hospital need blood
- One pint of blood can save up to three lives.
- Much of today’s medical care depends on a steady supply of blood from healthy donors.
- If only one more percent of all Americans would give blood, blood shortages would disappear for the foreseeable future.
So, are you ready to make a difference? The 114th Precinct is holding a blood drive tomorrow, 12/30, from 12-6 pm. The address is 34-16 Astoria Boulevard South, Astoria, NY 11103. For more information, you can call (718) 626-9311.